Please read and be aware of the contest rules. There are no exceptions.
For 2019, the “early bird” fishermen 65 years and older or physically handicapped with proof will be allowed on the ice 5 minutes before the others.
Please bring an ice chopped to re-open holes if needed, due to weather conditions, holes may freeze over 1 to 4 inches.
- SPECIES – Pike will be the only species eligible for prizes.
- All ice fishing contest holes will be in a row approximately 25 feet apart. Any holes that have been drilled the day before by fisherman will not be accepted as ice fishing contest holes.
- Ontario fishing regulations in effect.
- The Contest is scheduled for February 16th, 2019 from 12 pm to 3 pm in Alexandria, Ontario. Early bird registration contestants who registered before midnight February 10th, 2019, will be allowed to enter fishing area at 9 am and all other contestants will be allowed to enter the fishing area at 11 am.
- Prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered wins.
- You may register as many fish as you want, but only one prize will be awarded per registration. Winning ticket number must be presented immediately when announced to claim prize.
- Contestant may fish 1 line per 1 hole entry. However contestants may purchase a second ticket enabling the registrant to fish 2 lines, 2 holes in the Ice Fishing event. Every ticket must accompany a pail. Example: 1 Ticket for 1 pail, 2 tickets for 2 pails.
- Contestant must have their pail marked with their pail ticket before they can leave their pail at a hole. No ticket on pail, no pail on hole, no saved hole, therefore making that hole open to contestants who have their pail tickets on their pails. Contestants must look after their own hole only, no saving holes for buddies.
- Paid contestants who are fishing will be the only ones allowed to enter the fishing area until 3:00 pm at which time any spectators may enter the fishing area.
- Contestants will not be allowed to drill their own holes. All holes will be pre-drilled within fishing area.
- All fish entered must be brought to the judge’s stand immediately and alive. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest and will be required to have his/her ticket visible at all times. Ticket checks along with bucket inspections will be performed before entering fishing area. Pail tickets must be visible on pail at all times. No ticket on pail, no saved hole, therefore making that hole opened to contestants who have their pail tickets on their pails. Contestants must look after their own pails only. No saving holes for your buddies.
- At all times before, during and after, you are responsible for your safety, actions, gear and equipment.
- Contestants will not be allowed to use fish houses or portable fish houses. No tarps, no shelters, except shelters made of snow and ice.
- Sleeping bags, blankets, small coolers, heaters, chairs, 5-gallon pail, and depth finders are permitted in the designated fishing area.
- Concession stands will be present. PLEASE DO NOT LITTER. GARBAGE BARRELS WILL BE PLACED AT FISHING AREA. PLEASE USE THEM. THIS IS YOUR RESOURCE, TAKE CARE OF IT.
- No motorized vehicles in contest area other than contest officials and police personnel. Hence: fish must be brought to judge’s stand on foot.
- For future information on the Alexandria Ice Fishing Derby, updated rules, or changes that may occur, please provide your email address.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules subject contestants to disqualification.
- All taxes will be the responsibility of the winners for 1st, 2nd prizes.
- The organizer may at any time before, during and after each event change event format if so required.
- Live minnows available on site.
PLEASE BRING A 5-GALLON PAIL FOR YOUR FISH TO BRING THEM TO THE WEIGH STATION ALIVE. PLEASE HAVE WATER IN THE CONTAINER AS THIS IS A CATCH AND RELEASE CONTEST.
FISHING HOLES WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. (IF YOU ARE FIRST IN THE FISHING AREA AND HAVE CHOSEN A HOLE YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PAIL TICKET VISIBLE ON PAIL BEFORE SETTING IT ON A HOLE. NO TICKET ON PAIL, NO SAVED HOLE.)